VitalSource provides flexibility in how you choose to deliver content. Packages and Subscriptions each offer specific benefits for both Providers and End Users. Below are the specific benefits for each option.
Packages remain an ideal method for delivering smaller collections of content to a more targeted and specialised audience:
- Smaller programme-specific collections of content
- Distributable via various channels
- Publisher-controlled pricing and licensing
Example of a Bookshelf account utilising packages:
Subscriptions provide the ability to deliver large and diverse collections of content to an end user. Through machine learning, VitalSource can make meaningful recommendations based on a user's previous activity and the contents of their subscription.
- Enables discovery beyond assigned or required content
- Minimises risk and stretch value though a portfolio effect
- Personalises the experience for each user based on their activity
- Empowers predictable and deferred revenue models
Example of a Bookshelf account with a subscription: