Add your courseware product to VitalSource's content management system, Manage, in four simple steps:
- Create an asset record in Manage
- Upload a PDF or ePUB file
- Add a list of access codes
- Add the link to your courseware product
Create an asset record in Manage via Upload
Create an asset in Manage via the Upload platform with our metadata template. The Manage system supports template uploads in .xls and .xlsx formats.
- Login to the Upload platform with your Manage credentials. If you do not have access to Manage, contact our Publisher Operations group.
- You can also upload content directly within Manage. Click the hamburger icon , then Content, then Bulk Create.
- On the homepage, click the Profile icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Click Download Metadata Template. Refer to the Instructions and Validation tabs in the file for information on required fields, field descriptions, BISAC and country codes, and best practices.
- Complete the required fields in the template (for up to 100 records), then either drag and drop the files onto the table or click the Add Content button to choose the file(s) from your computer. Use either method as many times as you need to fill up the table.
- A Spreadsheet Detected popup will appear for you to choose whether you want to Create Metadata or Update Metadata. Choose one option for each Excel sheet, then click Submit.
Be sure to upload the completed metadata template before adding your new ePub/PDF content. To avoid any complications that may arise from copy and pasting into the same template, we recommend using a new template for each distribution. Also, there is a 30-file upload maximum per import, and the file size maximum is 1.25GB.
- When done, click Process. You will receive an email with the status of your asset record creation. If you do not receive the confirmation email within an hour, verify that you used the most recent template for the upload. Also, double check your spam email for the confirmation. For assistance, contact our Publisher Operations group.
Upload a PDF or ePub File
As our inventory system was originally designed to store and manage eBooks, we require at least a one-page document for your courseware product to be available in our store or through our distributor channel partners. If this is a courseware-only product, please add at least a one-page PDF. This will be visible to users of the product. If this is a courseware bundle (Online Resource Bundle), add the full eBook component.
Click here to open (or create) your Bookshelf account to access the ePub3 and PDF upload guides. They are viewable only from within Bookshelf. Even if you don’t need the guides, we strongly recommend that you create an account in Bookshelf to experience your content as a student.
Add a list of Access Codes
The next step is to associate your access codes with your courseware.
- Log in to Manage.
- Click on the hamburger icon , then Content > Basic Search.
- Enter the title or VBID of your courseware, then Enter.
- Click on the title of your asset.
- Click Access Code Summary, then Manage Access Codes.
- Paste the list of access codes in the box, then click Import. Another option is to use the available Access Code template to upload multiple codes at a time.
- You will receive an email when your codes have finished processing.
Add the link to your courseware product
The last step is to email the courseware login URL to our Publisher Operations group. You'll hear back from us once your asset has been updated.