Follow the steps below to easily add a VitalSource eBook or other content to your course via the Moodle Learning Management System/Virtual Learning Environment (LMS/VLE).
- Within a course in Moodle, turn editing on.
- In the relevant section of your course, select Add an Activity or Resource.
- Select External Tool and click Add.
- Choose the Bookshelf® by VitalSource External Tool Type from the drop-down menu. All other settings will be taken from the External Tool Type defaults that were selected during tool installation.
If you do not see the tool, your LMS/VLE Admin may have renamed it or not made it globally available to your course.
- Click either Save and Return to Course or Save and Display.
Some institutions use the external tool as-is, while others edit the URL to add /VitalSourceBookIdentifier to the end. Check with your LMS/VLE Admin if you are unsure which method your institution is using.