VitalSource provides flexibility in how you choose to deliver content. Packages and Subscriptions each offer specific benefits for both Providers and End-users. Below are the specific benefits for each option.
Packages remain an ideal method for delivering smaller collections of content to a more targeted and specialised audience:
- Smaller programme specific collections of content
- Distributable through various channels
- Publisher controlled pricing and licensing
Example of a Bookshelf account utilising packages:
Subscriptions provide the ability to deliver large and diverse collections of content to an end user. Through machine learning, VitalSource can make meaningful recommendations based on a users previous activity and the contents of their subscription.
- Enables discovery beyond assigned or required content
- Minimises risk and stretch value though a portfolio effect
- Personalises the experience for each user based on their activity
- Empowers predictable and deferred revenue models
Example of a Bookshelf account with a subscription: