VitalSource’s Engagement Dashboard provides powerful insight but is simple to use. You will be able to see near real-time statics that will help you validate the engagement levels of your users and compare usage of your adopted titles across your customer base.
If this is your first time setting up your Engagement Dashboard account, you will receive an email with a link to Set Your Password. Click on the link to input and confirm your new password. You will then be directed to the VitalSource Manage landing page. You can click off of this page and go to https://analyze.vitalsource.com/auth/vst/login to log in to Engagement Dashboard.
If you already have a Manage account, go to https://analyze.vitalsource.com/auth/vst/login to log in to Engagement Dashboard.
1) To begin, define the date range of the data that you want to view.
By clicking on the down arrow in the date range box in the upper-right hand corner of the screen, you can identify both the beginning and end date for your range:
2) If desired, you can filter by institution to show data solely for your selected customer(s) - click "All Institutions" and choose from the drop-down list:
3) You can search titles or ISBNs in order to view usage - click on the down arrow by “All Titles” or “All ISBNs”:
Statistics are available for one title or many titles.
4) Once you have defined the date range and title(s), the main screen will now show an overview of activity broken down by the content access method (Desktop, Online, or Mobile):
This information is presented in table, donut, and graph formats.
5) There is also more detailed information presented in bar charts at the bottom of the main page.
The information includes Page Views, Study Sessions, Printed Pages, and Engagement Trends.
The first three bar charts break down the information by device:
6) Just below the Printed Pages bar chart is Engagement Trends.
This chart shows you what type of activity the learner engaged in; whether it was highlighting text, bookmarking, or making a note. It also takes into account the number of overall sessions with the content and can be viewed down to the daily level:
Click on any 'weekly' bar in the above chart to open a pop-up of the activity across that week in a more focused 7-day view:
Note the reports can be exported to .csv or Excel format for further analysis.
7) Additional views of the data are provided. Click on the Engagement by Book tab to show details by individual title:
This shows number of active users, total session count, number of page views etc against specific books you have distributed to your selected customer(s).
8) Click on the Engagement by Institution tab to show the data at the customer level:
9) Click on the Engagement by Institution and Book tab to show a consolidated view of the data by both customer and title distributed to them. This can be especially useful in comparing engagement trends for products in use across different customers:
Export the report for detailed breakouts by device and platform.