Link to a Specific Location Within Your Text in Bookshelf®
There are two options for copying a link to a location within your text to send to others, and the method that you choose depends on whether or not you access Bookshelf through a Learning Management System (LMS).:
- If you access Bookshelf at online.vitalsource.com, follow the instructions below.
- If you access content within Bookshelf from within an LMS, click here.
Use our Deep-Link Generator to create a link to a specific book location when accessing Bookshelf through an LMS (ex. Canvas, Moodle, D2L/Brightspace, Blackboard, etc.)
In order to create a deep link to content, you must have access to the content via the LMS integration. Also, verify that you're creating a link to the correct VitalSource SKU before sending it to others.
- In Bookshelf, navigate to the location of the book that you want to link to.
- In the Table of Contents, click the three-dot icon, then click Copy Page URL.
- A pop-up will appear with the URL. Click Copy.
- Open the Deep-Linking Generator Template attached to this article.
- Paste the URL in the cell in column B, then paste the SKU in column A.
- Copy the URL in Column I to distribute the link to your content from within your LMS.
Copy a URL to a specific location within your text in Bookshelf Online
- Navigate to your desired destination using the Table of Contents, Go to Page functionality or the scrubber bar.
- Click Copy Page URL from the three-dot icon in the Table of Contents.
- Copy the link and paste it anywhere to instantly reference specific material. Note: Only users with a licence will be able to access the content.
If a user without a licence for the referenced material clicks the link, they will see the following: