Add an eBook To Your Course in Moodle - For Profit and Career Institutions
Follow the steps below to easily add a VitalSource eBook or other content to your course via the Moodle Learning Management System (LMS).
- Within a course in Moodle, turn editing on.
- In the relevant section of your course, select Add an Activity or Resource.
- Select External Tool and click Add.
- Choose the Bookshelf by VitalSource External Tool Type from the drop-down menu. All other settings will be taken from the External Tool Type defaults that were selected during tool installation.
If you do not see the tool, your LMS Admin may have renamed it or not made it globally available to your course.
5. Click either Save and Return to Course or Save and Display.
Some institutions use the external tool as-is, while others edit the URL to add /VitalSourceBookIdentifier to the end. Check with your LMS Admin if you are unsure which method your institution is using.