Add Users and Content to Groups via the Bookshelf Roster Tool - For Profit and Career Institutions
The Bookshelf Roster Tool for Explore enables instructors and administrators to assign content to specific groups of participants for a specific cohort, class, or program.
Create a Group
- Log in to Bookshelf.
- Click Admin, then Integrations.
- Click the Launch link in the Bookshelf Roster Tool card.
- Under Groups, click Create Group. (To add users and content to an existing group, skip down to those sections below.)
- Give your group a name, and enter a start and end date. These can be future-dated but are a required field. Access to the content will begin on the start date and will end on the end date.
- When done, click Create Group. The new group will appear on the Admin page under Groups.
Add Users to a Group
- Click on the group you created, then on Add User. You can also add them on the Admin dashboard under User Management by clicking Add Users.
- In the Add User Emails box that appears, add one email address per line.
- When done, click Add Users to Group.
- You will receive a confirmation on-screen that the users were added to the group.
Add Content to a Group
- Click on the group you created, then on Add Content.
- In the box that appears, paste the VBID's to include in this group, one VBID per line.
- When done, click Add Titles to Group. You should see a popup message confirming that the titles were successfully added to the group, and the titles should appear in a list on-screen.
Remove Users or Content from a Group
Click on the group from the Admin Dashboard. A list of titles will appear in a table. Click the checkbox next to each title you would like to remove, then click Remove From Group.
Similarly for users, click on the User list, then on the checkbox next to each name you'd like to remove. Click Remove From Group to finish.