With the following steps, the Sakai Administrator will create a placement for Course Materials.
If you had previous courses in First Day, this link should be added as soon as possible, as faculty will require access to setup their courseware for upcoming term. You will need to temporarily name it something different such as “Course Materials 2020” to keep it separate and identifiable from your current “Course Materials” link. The current link should not be removed until current term (ex. Summer) courses have ended.
If you did not have previous courses in First Day, you can install the new LTI link with the name “Course Materials” as soon as possible.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for your key and secret.
Install the Course Materials
External Learning Tool - Administrator Setup
- In the Administration Workspace, click on the Tool menu, then External Tools.
- Click Install LTI Tool.
- Enter in LTI Configuration Information:
- Site ID: leave blank
- Tool Name: VitalSource Digital Materials
- URL: https://bc.vitalsource.com/books
- Consumer key/secret: Enter key & secret provided to you via email.
- Check all Privacy Settings to yes
- Click Save.
With the LTI tool installed at the system level, instructors will see it available in their courses as a Plugin Tool. From the Site Info menu, click Edit Tools to choose the Course Materials tool for each course.