Publisher Options for Branded Bookshelf® Accounts
VitalSource offers Bookshelf customers the option to use Branded Bookshelf Accounts. This means they are able to design a branded site or simply set up one of the Bookshelf login options below.
There are three login options available for customers interested in creating a Branded Bookshelf Account. They are:
Full Forced Bookshelf Account:
VitalSource recommends this option due to its security and ease of use.
- Requires User Name, Email, and Password
- Easy to Support due to PII
- Easiest path into Offline Apps: Users can bookmark the Bookshelf URL and sign in directly without SSOing into content every time
- VitalSource branded URL: https://full-bookshelf.vitalsource.com
- Additional Sign In/Log In Page in SSO Experience
Reference User Only Account:
- Only identified by reference ID via SSO integration
- User doesn't encounter the Sign In/Log In Page but instead navigates directly into content
- VitalSource branded URL: https://bookshelf-ref.vitalsource.com
- Harder to support due to a lack of PII
- User can only access content via Publisher SSO
- Users are able to SSO into Offline apps via QR code, but cannot log into those directly
Note: In this scenario, users don't see a Bookshelf login page but are taken directly into the Bookshelf asset.
- Users can choose to enter their email address on Sign In/Login page OR continue without an account
- If users continue without an account and continue into Bookshelf as a reference user, they can choose to complete a full Bookshelf account later
- VitalSource-branded URL: https://online.vitalsource.com