Bookshelf provides premier study tools in an effort to give users the best reading experience possible. Notes and highlights are often used as a best practice when reading and reviewing, so we have created intuitive tools allowing for collaboration. Learning is a social experience, and often, so is studying.
Add a Highlight
Select text within one of your titles. A menu will appear showing your highlighters with sharing icons on your public highlighters. Pick your desired marker by clicking on the color bubble of choice. Your highlight will then appear.
Delete a Highlight
Click on the highlight and click the X.
Access and Create New Highlighters
You can access your highlighters in two places:
- The Tools dropdown in the Library view
- The settings dropdown in your notebook
There are two highlighters available to you as a default. To create custom highlighters:
- Click Add New Highlighter.
- Choose whether your highlighter is public or private. When checked as public, anyone who is following you will be able to see highlights created with that marker. Use this feature to start creating a collaborative study guide!
- A new color will default populate with the color name. To pick your own name, type in the preferred name in the text box and click Save.
Delete your highlighter by clicking remove. From there, you can choose to permanently delete the highlighter or merge it with another marker.
Add a Note
Select text within one of your titles and type directly into the note field. It will automatically save your note as you type!
View your note by clicking on the highlight.
Set Up Sharing
You can manage your sharing option in two places:
The Tools dropdown in the Library view.
The settings dropdown in your notebook.
Follow a User's Notes and Highlights
From within the Sharing menu:
- Go to I’m Following, enter their email, and click Add. You can choose to unfollow users at any time.
To allow others to follow your public notes and highlights, copy your unique link in the My Followers tab. Should you wish to remove someone from your followers, you can block them at any time.