Search for and Maintain your Assets in Manage
Depending on what you’re looking for within your inventory, from a listing of your active content to specific information on one title, to running a report on distributors of your content, Manage will help you easily manage your assets and inventory.
Use the basic search to manage pricing, distributors, and quickly create codes for your assets. You can search on the following to retrieve content:
- ISBN, Customer ISBN, or VBID (VitalBook Identifier)
To execute a basic search:
- Log in to manage.vitalsource.com.
- Click on the hamburger icon to open the main menu.
- In the Content tab, click on Basic Search.
- Enter your search criteria, then press Enter.
Note: when executing searches in Basic and Advanced Search, the first 100 entries will appear. For a complete list of results (50,000 lines or less), export to Excel.
If you're looking for a more focused search, additional search criteria, such as Distributor, Edition, Asset Status, and Created Date, are available by using the Advanced Search option in Manage.
- From the Content tab, click on Advanced Search.
- Choose from the available criteria and click Search.
Your results will display in a list and will include the following:
- Asset Status
- Preview of book cover
- Publisher name
- Asset format
- License term
Click on the book cover or on the title for the Asset Page. Here, you can view metadata for this asset.
In the Asset Format section of the asset card, the eBook format appears. ePUB and PDF are the only two formats currently supported in Manage. You may also see PBK or DashPub depending on the age of your assets, but those types have been deprecated.
On the asset card, click on the Pricing button to view and update pricing for that particular SKU. From here you can export a list of prices by price type and currency by clicking Export all prices. Your file will be downloaded in .xls format.
To update pricing, click on the license type under Overview in the top left-hand corner.
From here you can:
- Add additional pricing for the selected license type
- Allow the SKU for sale in the VitalSource Online stores in the US, UK, and AU
- Check Current and Historical pricing for the license type
From the Basic Search results screen you can also quickly access a list of distributors of your content. Click the Distributors button to add, view, remove, or lock access to the selected SKU for a particular distributor.
To add a distributor:
- Click on the license type that you want to assign from the options available under the Overview heading in the top left-hand corner of your screen.
- Search for the distributor's name in the field provided, then click Add Distributor. Note: only add enter information in the Custom ISBN/PubID field if instructed to do so by your Customer Success Manager.